Friday, December 9, 2016

Snow Much Fun with Paverpol

Hi everyone, Steph Ackerman here today.  It's getting colder each day and you know what that means?  Snow isn't too far away.  So today's project reflects what is sure to come!!



I began by preparing my canvas.  I wanted to create a shadowbox, so I used the reverse side and painted it with gesso.  I spritzed the upper half with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist.  Once dry, I added snowflakes by using molding paste through a stencil.


I cut white mesh into two lengths and dunked them in Transparent Paverpol.

 
After pulling out the mesh, I squeezed it to remove the excess Paverpol.
 
 
I placed the mesh along the bottom of the canvas.  Using a pick and my fingers, I moved the mesh around inside the canvas until I was happy with it's placement.  I wanted to create fluffy snow so I added more mesh along the outside of the canvas pulling it until I was happy with how it looked.  I knew that Paverpol would be perfect for my snow scene.

 
I stamped the snow people then fussy cut them.  For dimension I matted them on black cardstock and fussy cut them again.  Finally, I added some dimensional paint to the scarves and hats to add some color.


 Look at all that dimension.  I love how the "snow" flows around the snow couple


 
 
Thanks for stopping by today.

Steph


No comments:

Post a Comment