Friday, August 5, 2016

A Jar of Possibilities with Paverpol

Hi everyone, Steph Ackerman here today with my newest Paverpol project. Paverpol is an amazing sculpting medium that hardens fabric or paper into any shape you desire.


Since Paverpol can be somewhat messy, I find it's important to have my supplies readily available before committing to my project.   So I gathered Transparent Paverpol, a bowl, a glass jar and some torn strips of fabric. 


Pouring Paverpol into a bowl, I added the strips of fabric and coated them with Paverpol.

 
Removing the strips of fabric, I squeezed out the excess Paverpol and placed the strips around the jar.   I repeated this process until all the strips were in place.  To give the fabric dimension, I pinched portions of the fabric strips as I arranged them on the jar. Then I put the jar aside to dry.  Look at all that dimension!  As the fabric hardened, it really kept it's shape on the jar.
 
 
 
Once dry, I spritzed the hardened fabric with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists.  I spritzed on 4 different colors, allowing each one to dry before spritzing the next (heat setting can speed up the drying process).  This allowed all the colors to show and not blend together. 
 
 
 
 
Finally I added assorted Prima flowers, adhering them with Beacon Adhesive 3-in-1 Advanced Craft Glue.  Now my jar is ready for anything - holding small trinkets - holding notes to loved ones - holding candy - and so much more.
 
 
I'm thinking these would make amazing holiday gifts for family, friends and even teachers.  Simply personalize them with the colors they love.
 
Thanks for stopping by today.
 
Be sure to stop by the blog to see lots of fun projects using Paverpol.
 
Steph
 

2 comments:

  1. I have to try this when I make some Christmas gifts this year.Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim - I think they'd make wonderful gifts!

      Delete