Friday, October 7, 2016

Paverpol Pumpkin Jars

Hi everyone, Steph Ackerman here today with my newest Paverpol project. I am really enjoying working with Paverpol and discovering  the wide variety of projects I can create.  As we head towards Halloween, it's time to start decorating.



I found some Bell Jars and decided to use Paverpol Fleshtone for my project, so I poured some into a plastic bowl.

 
I added some Terracotta Paver Color and mixed it in the Paverpol.
 
 
Next I tore strips of paper and dunked them in the mix.


Pulling the strips of paper from the Paverpol, I removed the excess and wrapped the strips around the jars.  I created texture by leaving some lumps and bumps in the paper as I wrapped the strips around the jars.

 
I continued adding Paverpol until the jars were covered.  Then I used a paint brush to add additional Paverpol around the jars until the jars looked like Terracotta.  I then placed them aside to dry.


I'm loving the texture.  Once dry, I added a bit of black paint to each and then wiped off the excess.  Then I used left over scraps of Makin's Clay® to create faces for the pumpkins.


Finally I glued yarn around the caps and added pumpkin handles created from Makin's Clay®.


These jars are perfect Halloween decorations.


Thanks for stopping by today.

Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment