Friday, October 21, 2016

Beautiful Lady - Part 1

Hi everyone, Steph Ackerman here today with my newest Paverpol project. I am really enjoying working with Paverpol



Today I am going to show you how I created this beautiful lady.  I got a lot of inspiration by watching  Linda Ann Smith's videos on creating figures with Paverpol.  She does an amazing job creating figures.

I wanted to use a glass for the base so I began my armiture by folding wire to form the head, neck and arms, and then I pushed the wire through the cork stopper.


Next, I wrapped tin foil around the wire to create the figure.  I continued adding tin foil until I was happy with the result.


I wanted to give her a full dress, so I painted Transparent Paverpol on a paper towel.  I wrapped the paper towel around the glass, creating the dress.


I adhered the paper towel tightly to the top of the glass but allowed it to be free as it cascaded down the glass.  I also allowed the paper towel to flow along the bottom.  Allow to dry 24 hours before continuing.  This allows the paper towel to harden in the free flowing shape.

 
Next I cut a t-shirt into strips.  I dunked the strips in Transparent Paverpol and then wrapped the strips around the figure.  I continued adding strips until I was happy with the result.  Allow 24 hours for the piece to dry before continuing.
   
 
So I think she is beautiful so far, but I still have a lot of work to do.  Please stop by in 2 weeks and see my final beautiful lady reveal. 
 
Thanks for stopping by today.
 
Steph
 

No comments:

Post a Comment