Friday, February 17, 2017

Upcycled Vase of Flowers with Paverpol

Hi everyone Steph Ackerman here using Paverpol to create a vase for a home d├ęcor sign.  With winter finally winding down, it's time to turn ourselves towards sunshine and flowers.



I began by using the Proxxon Delta Sander to sand a wood sign.  Next I painted the sign with Plaid Folk Art Ultra Dye in Infra Red.  This dye brushes on so smoothly and easily.




Once dry, I sanded it again to get a more rustic look.


To create the vase, I began by taking a paper towel tube and covering it with plastic wrap.  The plastic wrap will allow you to easily remove the paper towel tube once the Paverpol has dried.


Next, I cut fabric slightly bigger than the tube and placed it in Transparent Paverpol


After squeezing out the excess Paverpol, I wrapped it around the paper towel tube.


I allowed it to dry overnight.  Then I was able to pull the tube out.


Using the Proxxon Jig Saw, I cut the Paverpol tube into 4 pieces.


Next I painted one of the tubes with Plaid Folk Art Milk Paint in Jamestown Blue.



Finally, I added May Arts Ribbon to the top and bottom of the "vase" and adhered it to the sign with Beacon Adhesive.



Left over chipboard letters were used to create the words.  Then I randomly stamped flowers from the Joy Clair Stamp set, Paisley Bouquet,  around the sign. 



 A butterfly, created from Rinea Foils, was added atop the vase.  Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists were sprayed over the sign to add a little shimmer as the finishing touch.



Paverpol makes it so easy to upcycle that I don't want to throw anything away. 

What will you upcycle today? 

Thanks for stopping by.


Friday, February 10, 2017

Fun With Paverplast!

Let's have some fun with Paverpol's Paverplast!
 

We got to have some fun with 2 Paverpol products that I
have not used before...Paverplast and Paversand.

This month we received a box containing a few items to create with...think of the food
show Chopped...we got Paverpol transparent, the plast, 
sand, some Paver powder and form...then we get to create something using the products.

I chose to cut my form so that I could have a flat back piece.





Mixing 500g of transparent PP and 100g of PP Plast I created a stiff mixture
to cover the form with..I saved an old bucket to mix and store the
compound in.


I wanted to add the sand in as well as some of the PaverColor so
I put it in a smaller container so I could get the consistancy where I wanted it.
The PaverColor turned it gray rather than antique gold...
so I think I messed up adding it in at that point.


I covered the half form with my mixture...since I wanted it to look more like
a dress, I left the long lines in it.


I left it to dry for almost 2 days, then started to paint.
I used 4 different shades of gold. It is hard to get that in a photo but
in person you can see the different shimmers.
After that dried for a half day I added black...wiping most of it off.
 

While the form was drying I started on my canvas.
Taking a 12 x 16 canvas I used PP Cotton and transparent PP
to attach to the canvas.

 
 I used some gold sprays to add some color to the cotton.
Using transparent PP I attached it to the canvas.
The picture of the wings turned out horrible...but using a printed copy of digital
wings with a piece of plastic over it I "drew" the wings with
PP in a bottle and before drying I added glitter and PP Color.
I also added 2 scriptures about Angels.